Retour à la liste
SENTIER D'EXCELLENCE 3 - AUTOUR DES CHÂTEAUX DE WALDECK ET DE FALKENSTEIN
A beautiful forest trail to discover the natural and historical riches at the Hanau and Lieschbach ponds and the charming old village of Waldeck.
- A wooden dock allows access to the Lieschbach pond, which is classified as a nature reserve.
Falkenstein was built in the 12th century on a 117-metre rocky ridge and was the most important castle in the area. In 1564, only a few weeks after its sale to Philipp IV of Hanau-Lichtenberg, the castle was destroyed by a fire after being struck by lightning. Some steps cut into the rock and an access ramp allow you to climb to the top of the ruin, where there are still some interesting remains.
Along the way there are following elements to discover :
- The historical boundary stones from the 17th century that marked the border between the former territories (County of Hanau and Duchy of Lorraine) at the time.
- The pea rock with its round arch, where the rare peregrine falcon and the raven nest.
- The Waldeck Castle from the 13th century
- The path to the peat pit of the Hanau pond
You can download the GPX trail here : https://www.cirkwi.com/fr/circuit/185358-sentier-d-excellence-3-autour-des-chateaux-de-waldeck-et-de-falkenstein
Rue de l'étang
Parking de l'étang de Hanau
Catégorie et confort
Type of routes / loopbacks
Fitness / outdoor trails
Type of touring route
Distance (approx.) :
10 to 15 km
Difficulty of route / loopback :
Characteristics of the itinerary :
Characteristics of the route :
Distance in kms : 12,9
Difference in altitude : 305
Activités et localisation
Agrandir le plan